Sunday, November 9, 2014

All I need and more

This past year financially/physically has been a very trying year. Medical bills out the wazzoo along with car issues and just the costs life brings. Through it all we have never lacked in any of our needs though. We have always had just enough.

My Story....

About halfway through the year, I think it was around April I finally made my doctor aware that I was having a severely hard time staying awake while driving no matter what I did
(or caffeine I consumed/or sleep obtained) and that it has been this way for awhile. Originally the doctor thought maybe narcolepsy, but after a sleep study (poly and MSLT) they gave the diagnosis of Idiopathic Hypersomnia without long sleep.

In a quick nutshell idiopathic hypersomnia without long sleep time is where I can sleep 8-10 hours (and this is the amount I am supposed to aim at getting a night regardless. My 6 hrs sleep is as beneficial to a normal person getting only 3 hours of sleep) and still be so tired I just fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Like leaning against the wall for a few minutes, set my head down just for a moment, watching a movie in the theater, driving for under 20 minutes, reading a book, etc. Along with that my focus has been terrible (my normal ADHD on steroids). It makes it hard to wake every morning, the battle is real for me. I have 6 alarms with 2 snoozes on each. Sometimes when my sleep paralysis kicks in (inability to move though my brain is awake) my body just goes right back to sleep because, well, I can't move anyways lol. When I finally can wake up, my speech is slurred, I feel drugged. I can't think clearly. Motor skills are practically not there. Running into walls. To an outsider it would have to be funny to see. Getting our daughter to school on time and myself to work on time is always a fight. If you would like to learn more about it: Idiopathic Hypersomnia without long sleep .

Long story short. I was diagnosed and placed on Ritalin, and I make sure I exercise regularly, try to get the sleep I am supposed to and when possible follow better sleep hygiene, and since then functioning in life has become easier and more enjoyable.

My point in my story is, physically this was a trial and financially a very hard hit in the bank account. Sleep studies are very expensive (thank God for insurance and that we have it).

Besides that, I also struggle with horrible migraines and a super duper bad sharp pain in my left side caused by scar tissue built up on my nerve. So this has been a very physically trying and exhausting year.

My Husband...
Well he was after a long time of doctors shaking their head diagnosed with his second hernia and needed to get that surgically repaired. (He was out of work for about 3 months while they tried to figure out what his pain was and we only recieved 60% of his pay on short term disability).

Once again, none of that is financially easy.

Thank God he was diagnosed and able to get surgery and is now doing well.

Our daughter has been the healthiest one of the bunch! Ok, her and our dog Luke.

Through all this though, once again we have not lacked a single need. Through God's grace we have had enough and most times more than we needed. Along with the blessing of a family that helps us out when needed we have been good!

In Psalm 111:5 it says He has given food and provision to those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him; He will remember His covenant forever and imprint it (on his mind). He does just that and more for us. Another scripture is Luke 12:24 Observe and consider the ravens; for they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn and yet God feeds them. Of how much more worth are you than the birds?

We are so much more precious. When we trust God and follow Him, He takes care of us and blesses us. He loves us. All we have to do is have that childlike faith and trust and know He will take care of us. (no this doesn't mean be a bum and do what we want. If we have a heart after God we will already be striving to make our Father happy and pleased). We need to understand it isn't by our strength but God's. It's by His grace we are taken care of. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..(proverbs 3:5). 

So to end I would like to share two more passages of scripture to encourage you. Please share your thoughts, prayer requests, testimonies below.

2 Corinthians 9:8-11
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written "He has distributed freely, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever." He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of Your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment